What Kind Of Information Is Collected?
- Information you give us. In order to provide personalized service to you, we may ask you to create an account or otherwise provide certain personal information. The personal information requested may include items like your name, address, email address, telephone number or credit card information. Whether or not you provide this information is up to you.
- Information collected during your use of this site. Information transmitted by your device while interacting with the site is collected. This type of information includes:
- Use Information, including:
- navigation within the site
- search queries
- content viewing
- interaction with site components
- Device Information, including:
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information, phone number)
- The address of the device used to access the site (i.e. the IP address)
- Device identifiers
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- Use Information, including:
How Is Collected Information Stored?
- Log information: Information that you give us and information collected from your use of the site is stored in log files on a server.
- Local storage: Some information may be stored locally on your device using technologies such as:
- Cookies or similar technologies, which are small bits of data stored on your device.
- Browser web storage (including HTML 5)
- Application caches
How Is Collected Information Used?
- User Experience: The collected information is used to improve the user experience for people like you who interact with the site and view its content. This information is used internally to study and analyze how the site is used so that it’s overall design and functionality may be tested and the user experience improved.
- Security and Legal: Collected Information may be used (i) to enforce the Terms of Service; (ii) to investigate potential violations of our terms and policies; (iii) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law
How Do We Protect Information?
- The collected information is stored in a secured environment that is managed by a leading provider of internet services. Access to those servers is controlled and limited.
- An encrypted link (SSL) between our server and your device’s browser is available. (Look for ‘https://” in the address box of your browser.)
Is Collected Information Shared With Others?
The collected information is shared or may be shared in the following situations:
- With your consent.
- With third-party service providers or partners engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) maintain databases; (h) send or support online or mobile advertising; or (i) otherwise support our services.
- With parties that host our domain. Collected information is available in log files on a server that is maintained by a third party. Certain statistics and information may be available for the host’s internal administration and analysis and may be disclosed by the host in response to a valid government request. The Host may create copies of the logs for backup purposes.
- For legal reasons. Collected information may be disclosed:
- In response to a valid government request
- To enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law
- With third-party service providers in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding the legal reasons stated above.
- With a new owner. If the assets of the company that owns this site are transferred to another entity, the collected information will also be transferred.
How Can A User Control What Information Is Collected?
- You may configure your web browser so that it does not store cookies or other data that allow information to be stored on your device.